Here's the outside view of our unit
~April
One day Wesley and I took Aiden to the river (more like a creek) where Wesley showed us how he can catch a crawfish (or is it crayfish?) with his bare hands.
Looking under rocks for the crawfish
Found one!
And another one. I think Wesley was just showing off at this point, but the crawfish one upped him and did his version of giving us the finger
(No crawfish were harmed during these photos. See? We put them back.)
Then this little lady showed up and followed us around. I think she thought we were going to feed her.
At this point I'm quite certain Wesley was showing off. He found a baby crawfish too!

Found one!That evening we (the 5 of us and my parents) went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. They have strict rules there about no photos during the show, so no pictures to share. But I will say it's a fantastic show! Aiden absolutely loved it. They have buffaloes, pigs, horses, and other animals in the show. The meal they serve is equally fantastic and you eat everything with your hands (no silverware). Yum!
If you know me personally, then you know I'm a big Elvis Presley fan. Fact. I always go to Memories Theatre when I'm visiting Pigeon Forge. They have a great Elvis impersonator there, Lou Vuto. Wesley stayed back at the condo with the boys while I went to the show with my parents. They have have other impersonators there too.
If you know me personally, then you know I'm a big Elvis Presley fan. Fact. I always go to Memories Theatre when I'm visiting Pigeon Forge. They have a great Elvis impersonator there, Lou Vuto. Wesley stayed back at the condo with the boys while I went to the show with my parents. They have have other impersonators there too.
Out first was a Jeff Foxworthy impersonator. He was pretty funny and convincing in the looks department!
Then this guy as Buddy Holly. He sang quite a few of Buddy's songs, but one in particular blew me away. I had never heard this song before but I was in awe the whole song. I wish I could remember the name of it. It was a slow love song.

Other impersonators there are Patsy Cline, some country music guy (no idea who since I don't listen to country), and the Blues Brothers.


I almost forgot to tell you about a show we went to earlier in the week. The Comedy Barn. I always recommend this show to people that are heading to Pigeon Forge. You.Will.Laugh. Oh and the best part about this show? They ask the audience for volunteers to help out with some of the skits. Well, they were asking for 2 men to come up on stage. I immediately started pointing to Wesley. And they picked him! One of the comedians there does a skit where one guy is Julio Iglesias and the other is Willie Nelson and they sing "To All The Girls I've Loved Before". Wesley was Willie. And yes, we bought the DVD!
W & J climbed up the rocks
And little brother Aiden wanted to do the same, so we let him go about half way

And a group shot (yes I realize I look horrible. I had my hair in a ponytail - not a good look).

And that's it. I think it was one of our best vacations yet. Thanks for reading and I hope you come back tomorrow for day four!
Blogging day three - check!
Other impersonators there are Patsy Cline, some country music guy (no idea who since I don't listen to country), and the Blues Brothers.
But my favorite (of course), Lou Vuto as Elvis!
I almost forgot to tell you about a show we went to earlier in the week. The Comedy Barn. I always recommend this show to people that are heading to Pigeon Forge. You.Will.Laugh. Oh and the best part about this show? They ask the audience for volunteers to help out with some of the skits. Well, they were asking for 2 men to come up on stage. I immediately started pointing to Wesley. And they picked him! One of the comedians there does a skit where one guy is Julio Iglesias and the other is Willie Nelson and they sing "To All The Girls I've Loved Before". Wesley was Willie. And yes, we bought the DVD!
Putting on the masks (Wesley on the right)
Smile!
Wesley 'singing'
Near the end of the first half of the show, they call all the little kids to the stage to dance (a clever ploy to get people to buy the DVD. And it works!). Aiden got up there and was shaking what his momma gave him. Love that boy!
On our last day we drove up to Clingman's Dome, which is the highest peak of the Smokies. Stunning would be a good way to describe the view.
We took a short hike while there


On our last day we drove up to Clingman's Dome, which is the highest peak of the Smokies. Stunning would be a good way to describe the view.



And a group shot (yes I realize I look horrible. I had my hair in a ponytail - not a good look).And that's it. I think it was one of our best vacations yet. Thanks for reading and I hope you come back tomorrow for day four!
Blogging day three - check!




0 comments:
Post a Comment