Rewinding about 30 days - Part 1

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

| | |
About a month ago (give or take) the Watts family went on a week long vacation to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. It's a 10 hour drive but it's totally worth it. I'll break the week up into 2 days worth of blog entries. You're welcome.

We took W & J to experience the Zorb. It's supposed to be the only Zorb site in the United States. They strap you into a giant ball and roll you down the hill. You get a choice of 2 ways: The Zydro - where you're not strapped in and they put water in with you, or the Zorbit - where you're strapped in tightly and can't move inside of the ball. We forgot to bring them a change of clothes, so they couldn't do the Zydro. J went first.

Here he is rolling down the big hill
Giving the thumbs up on an awesome experience!
Climbing out and probably a bit dizzy

Next, of course, was W.

Down the hill he goes!
Awesome!
W couldn't get out so we left him there.
Kidding! I think he liked it (they make everyone jump up like that)

The next day we ventured out to Dollywood. It was a little warm that day, but not unbearable. It really is a great park and all 5 of us enjoyed it! We stayed until closing.

Ever had a 3 year old? If you have, then you'll understand why Aiden looks like this while his brothers are happy to have their picture taken. We'll simply call it 'the 3 year old attitude'.
See how quickly the 3 year old attitude can change?
He really enjoyed the rides. No really, he did!
Oh yeah, my parents were also on vacation with us. My Dad spent the first half of the day with us at Dollywood. He loves steam trains. Seriously, he turns into a 5 year old little boy when it comes to steam trains. After all 6 of us rode the train my Dad had to talk to the engineer. Just like a little kid!

That's my Dad on the right (in the orange shirt)


If you ever visit the Smoky Mountains or surrounding area, I highly recommend a trip to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. They've done such a great job. There's something there for everyone. I'll share some pictures here, but you can see the whole set on Facebook.
There's that 3 year old attitude again
Up close and personal with the penguins
"Pose with the penguin, Aiden!" Yep, the 3 year old attitude strikes once again!

Then we walked I don't know how many blocks in the heat to eat lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It was a fun experience, especially if you love the movie Forrest Gump.
As we walked our full bellies back to our van, that was many many blocks away, we stopped into the Ripley's Believe it or Not! which is really neat too! I recommend it. So many odd and interesting things there! Then one last stop on our way to the van - the Old Times photo place! They're so corny but fun. I loved dressing up as a southern belle! Oh and the 3 year old? He was having no part of it. The photographer tried bribing him with free ice cream, but he refused and put up a fight when it was time to get him dressed. We were beginning to think the 4 of us had gotten dressed up in these costumes for nothing. I pulled him aside and got down to his level and said a few magic mommy-knows-just-what-to-say things to him and then he was all for it. Go figure!

I think that's enough for today. If you've gotten this far, thanks for checking out part 1 of our vacation! I'll be back tomorrow with part 2!

Blogging day two - check!

~April

1 comments:

CaneWife said...

So much fun!!! I cannot wait for our trip to the area! Although, I don't think we'll be Zorbing. :)

Post a Comment