When you have a baby, you can forget about sleep. But then slowly as the newborn phase passes, your baby *may* start sleeping through the night and all is well. That is what happened with us. Aiden became an awesome sleeper (except for naps, which I will not rant about at this time). It was fantastic! But then, fast forward to the age of 3 years old. *shaking head* This is where it all went downhill. Actually, it went downhill when we moved him from the crib to a bed shortly before he turned 3.
Aiden thinks that whenever he wakes up, no matter the time, that it's time to start his day. Last night he didn't even fall asleep and was getting out of bed at 8:30! But most nights it's 10:30, 12:30, 3:00, 4:00 etc. Lately I have to go upstairs and put him back in bed at least twice a night. And the excuse every time? "I want some water" Ahhhhh stalling. And of course most mornings he's up around 6:00 or earlier. This morning he was out of bed at 5:40. Getting up this early makes him very cranky. Most mornings in this house are not pleasant.
I have ordered a really neat clock from Kids Woot, but obviously they're slow on shipping. It's been over a week since I ordered it and I needed it a month ago! I cannot wait until it gets here. In the meantime I'm tired. Really tired.
~April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment